Saturday, July 17, 2010

Chester

Hi Everyone, meet Chester! He is the newest member of our menagerie - at least for the next few minutes, until Dad goes out to get Rex. I got him yesterday, on his 8 week old birthday. Since Vic and I had been fencing all day, we figured we'd like to go out for supper. When we found out that Mom and Dad were going to a Shakespeare play, we decided to take all the kids. So the five of us went out to a little Chinese restaurant in a nearby town. Afterwards we went to pick up my puppy. We spent almost an hour on the farm playing with all the puppies and doing paperwork and just chatting with the breeder. Then we drove to the farm(where I work) and showed him off to my boss and his family. It was past 9 o'clock when we finally got home with him and then we had to figure out where exactly he was going to spend the night. We had been sooooo busy with fencing that we hadn't exactly had the time to set up his pen.

So I slept in a tent with the puppy! It got a little interesting during the thunderstorm - Chester really didn't like that. It got even more interesting at about 3 am when he decided that he had had enough sleep and started climbing all over me and chewing on my nose and fighting with my blanket.
Now he is quite attached to that tent; and, as you can see in the picture above, he likes to sleep curled up close to it.
And now off we go to get Rex!!!

5 comments:

Mine said...

hey the dog isnt a cow and he doesnt have to be in a pen all day he needs excercise just like you u know haha funny dog u have it looks wierd

Lydia said...

Hi 'Mine' aka A****** B********

a dog ISN'T a cow. I'm not planning to milk him!!!

The pen is huge! He and Rex have the run of the yard many times but they see their pen as their home.

btw your peculiar writing style and your 'haha' gave your real identity away ;)

Unknown said...

did you get rex yet
afb

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lydia said...

Yes, we got Rex. and as requested I will post pictures as soon as possible. Just let me get a little schoolwork done first... ok?